Ramadan Activity - Gratitude Streamer - Favors from Allah
Embracing the principle of gratitude means that we understand we are here to serve a Divine power. It’s through our humility that we allow ourselves to cultivate an appreciation for all that we have, for all that we don’t have and primarily, for being of God’s creation.
We want our children to embrace this philosophy of life. And we are able to give them this through our everyday actions and attitudes. But every now and then, an occasion presents itself allowing us to tie these values together creatively. And this New Year gives us the chance for a special crafting project with our kids.
Craft: Gratitude Streamer
Title: “These are the favors from my Lord..”
Prep time: 5 minutes
Craft time: 15 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
Yield: 1 streamer with 5 gratitude squares
1 pack Zillij Craft Squares
1/4-inch hole punch
white, printer or construction paper
markers or colored pencils
ribbon, string, or twine to assemble your streamer
1. Take the largest 5 squares from the pack and set the remainder aside.
2. Cut the white printer into 2.5 inch squares. Glue to the center of each Zillij Craft Square.
3. Brainstorm with your kids all the things for which they are grateful – from electric motor cars to chocolate chip cookies. If you need to, coax the discussion towards being grateful for certain values they are learning to embrace.
4. Once you have a list, have the kids write each item onto a craft square.
5. Decorate the squares, with stickers, glitter or any other embellishments
6. Punch a hole in the top 2 corners of each of the Zillij Craft Squares. It should be 1/4 inch in from the top and side.
7. Thread the ribbon through the Squares to create a streamer for your child’s bedroom. If you prefer, keep them as bedside cards or tack them to the wall.
8. Hang with scotch tape.
Here’s towards deepening your child’s sense of gratitude!
TIP: Incorporate reading these cards as part of the bedtime routine for a beautiful reminder of Allah’s blessings each and every day!