Eid 7 Day Planner - Getting a Head Start on Eid Al-Fitr
Getting a head start on Eid-al-Fitr
Often we find ourselves in a rush getting a host of last-minute things done for Eid. The to-do-list grows and grows, and before you know it, it’s Eid and you’ve forgotten to call your friend half way around the world in Malaysia! The florist is over-booked, the butcher has run out of lamb chops and everything’s in a mess. Let’s rewind and start again, and get this year off to a good start.
With only 2 weeks to Eid, plan your tasks and get things done comfortably.
7 Days 'Til Eid Daily Planner
7 days to go:
- Plan your meal menu for Eid day, so you can add items you need to the shopping list.
- Start a shopping list that you can use over the next few days: include food items, flowers, gifts and decorations.
6 days to go:
- Make a list of all the people you need to call, email or tweet to wish them an Eid Mubarak!
- Get the Eid clothing sorted for everyone in the family – patched, washed, ironed and packed away until needed.
5 days to go:
- Plan any Eid games and activities that you wish to do with your guests on Eid day. Tip: An Eid memory collage, treasure hunts, coloring and drawing activities, etc.
- If you’ve purchased Eid greeting cards, craft personalized messages in them for all your loved ones and guests.
4 days to go:
- Get all your Eid decorations out and ready to hang, tack and glue them onto walls, windows, tiles and doors.
- Create your Eid playlist with festive tracks from Zain Bhika, Dawud Wharnsby and others!
- If you work your zakat from Ramadan to Ramadan, remember to get this sorted before the month’s end.
3 days to go:
- Get a head start on some of the baking. Use a cookie kit or cupcake kit if it makes sense. Tip: Make a large batch of a plain buttery cookie dough – divide into portions, add chocolate to one portion, nuts to another, spice to the third portion and so on. Quick, easy and hassle-free – leaving you with an assortment of Eid bakes to decorate.
- Remember that list of people to call for Eid? Call them today!
2 days to go:
- Pack the party favors that you will be handing out to your guests.
- Gift wrap any gifts that you’ve purchased for Eid.
1 day to go:
- Get as much of your food prep done as you can. Pre-cook, soak, wash, chop, slice – whatever it takes! Package some of the food you prepare in some fun and decorative Eid packaging.
- Rest. It’s the last day of Ramadan, and time to soak up the month’s blessings before tomorrow.