My Favorite Dua is....Contest
Posted on August 12, 2013 | 1 comment
Here are a list of submissions to the My Favorite Dua contest including the randomly selected winner. Thanks to everyone for the beautiful submissions you shared with us! The winner is the first entry.
- Allhumdullilah, this is my first celebration of Ramadan, beings that I just converted this past January. This is a very exciting time for me and my family. My favorite Dua is probably one that I say everyday which includes praying for the health, love, and guidance for my family, friends, and my Muslim brothers and sisters. May Allah continue to bless them all. Ameen.
- My favorite dua is Prophet Musa (AS) dua which is 'Rabbi shrahli sadri wa yasirli amri wahlul ukhdatam milisaani yafkahu qawli'. As I child I learnt this dua listening to people recite it before an islamic speech or talk. My mother, one day, taught me the meaning of it as she explained that Musa (AS) used to stammer and that in the dua . he asks Allah to 'loosen the knot of his tongue'. I was deeply moved by this knowledge. It touched a chord with me because though I was painfully shy, I loved participating in public speaking. I always remembered to say this dua before speaking in front of a group of people. I believe, Alhamdulillah, that the prayer had helped me quell the jitters on particularly nervous occasions.
The significance of this dua in my life came back to me years later when my first born, my daughter was 2 years old. A talkative child from since she was not yet one, Zainab spoke clearly and confidently and was comparable to a much older child in her phrases and choice of words. Then one day, to our horror, she suddenly began to stammer. I tried to dismiss it as a phase she was going through at first but it kept getting worse with each passing day. It reached a stage when she wasn't able to get a single sentence out without struggling. It was heart breaking because she kept asking me 'Mamma, what has happened to my voice?'. We began speech therapy which lasted around 6 months. Throughout this period, every single day I prayed to Allah for strength and wisdom to see the purpose of this trial. I recited my favorite dua with an intensity and fervor like never before. I taught the dua to Zainab and we recited it together everyday.
Alhamdulillah, with Allah's Grace and Mercy Zainab was fine by the end of the year, though changed. She didn't race through her words like before, rather she spoke carefully and slowly, gathering her thoughts as she spoke. We, as parents were changed too. The therapy taught us to listen to our children more patiently, to stop whatever we were doing and give them the attention they asked for when they really needed it. It taught us to be careful with our words and facial expressions because children can catch those hints and it affects them. Alhamdulillah, every trial has a purpose and our faith showed us that purpose. I now understand what is meant by the power of dua.
- O Allah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.
- Lahila ha illa anta subanaka wa inni kuntum Minad dhal le min.
- Allahuma inni as-aluka‘ilman nafi’an wa rizqan tayyiban wa ‘amalan matqaballa
O Allah, I ask You for knowledge which is beneficial and sustenance which is good, and deeds which are acceptable. [to be said after giving salam for the fajr prayer]“
- Allahuma inni as-aluka al-jannata wa a’udhubika min an-nar.
“O Allah, I ask You to grant me Paradise and I take refuge in You from the Fire.”
- Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318: Narrated Shaddad bin Aus: The Prophet (Sallalahu Alahi wa Salam) said "The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is: `Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana `ala ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, A`udhu bika min Sharri ma sana`tu, abu`u Laka bini`matika `alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta." The Prophet added. "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise."
- My favorite dua is " I pray that my three boys grow up to be happy, healthy, pious Muslim men."
- Allahumma innaka 'affuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'anni.
- prayer for the righteous children:
raabi hub li minus saaliheen
My Lord, grant me a child (who shall be) of the righteous.(37:100)
- RABBANA ATINA FIDDUNYA HASANATAW WA FIL AKHARATI HASANATAW WA QINA ADHABAN NAR
Oh our lord! Grant us good in the world and good in the hereafter and save us from the torment of the fire
- RABBANA FAGHFIR LANA DHUNUBANA WA KAFFIR ANNA SAYYIATINA WA TAWAFFANA MA'AL ABRAR.
Our Lord! Forgive us our sins, and wipe off our misdeeds from us and cause us (in all grace) to die with the righteous. " Al Imran 193
- oh Allah You are forgiving, You love to forgive, so forgive us. ameen
- رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ
- Rabbana innanā amanna, faghfir lana, dhunoobana wa-qinna 'adhāāban-naar
(Our Lord! we have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire) [surah Ali' Imran; 3:16]
- allahumma inni as'aluka min khairi ma sa'alaka minhu muhammadun sallallaho ta'ala alaihe wa aalihi wa sallama wa au'zubika min sharre masta'aza minhu muhammadun sallallaho ta'ala alaihe wa aalihi wa sallama antal musta'anu wa alaikal balaghuwa la haula wa la quwwata illa billahil aliyyil azeem
- ربنا اتنا فى الدنيا حسنه وفى الاخره. حسنه وقنا عذاب النار
- Aishah (r.a.) said: "I asked the Messenger of Allah (saws),: 'O Messenger of Allah (saws), if I know what night is the Night of Qadr, what should I say during it?' He (saws) said: 'Say: “Allah humma Innaka Afuwan, Tohibbul Afwa, Fahfo anna. (O Allah, You are The Pardoner, and You love to pardon, so pardon me.)"
- Allahumma innaka affuwun tuhibbul afwa fa' fu anni
Oh Allah! You are the One who forgives greatly, and loves to forgive, so forgive me.
the dua for laylatul qadr as reported by Aa' isha ( R.A).
- "Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower." (3/8)
- Alhamdu lillahil-lathee ahyana baAAda ma amatana wa-ilayhin-nushoor.
All praise is for Allah who gave us life after having taken it from us and unto Him is the resurrection.’
- Allahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibul ‘afwa fa’fu ‘anni.
“O Allah, indeed You are the Pardoner, You love to Pardon, so Pardon me.”
- Du'a of Prophet Ayoub (A.S.)<br>seeking cure from sickness
Annee mas sanee yadooroo wa anta arhamar Rahimeen
Indeed, (unbearable) ailment has touched me, and You are the Most Merciful of the Merciful (21:83)
- "Rabbighfir lii wa liwaalidayya wa lilmu"miniina yauma yaquumul'hisaab, Rabbirhamhumaa kamaa rabbayaanii shaghiiraa."
O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they have nourished me when I was young.
- Bismillah,Rabbanaa atina fidduniya hasanatan wa fil akhirati hasanah, wa qinaa azabbanaar.
- The morning has come to me and the whole universe belongs to Allah, the Lord of the worlds, O Allah, I ask of you the good of the day, it's success and aid and it's nur (celestial light) and barakaat (blessings) and seek hidayah (guidance) and seek refuge from the evil in it (this day) and from the evil of that which is to come later.
- O Allah we enter the day time and the evening and die with your Qudrat (power) and to You do we return.
- All praise be to Allah who has forgiven us today and not destroyed us due to our sin.
- O Allah, whatever favours You have bestowed upon me and all other creations is only from you. You are One, You have no partners. Praise and Shukr (thanks) be to You
- Oh Allah, just as you have made my external features beautiful, make my character beautiful as well.
- Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For Thou art the All-Hearing, the All-knowing
[2:127] Rabbana taqabbal minna innaka antas Sameeaul Aleem
- Our Lord! Make of us Muslims, bowing to Thy (Will), and of our progeny a people Muslim, bowing to Thy (will); and show us our place for the celebration of (due) rites; and turn unto us (in Mercy); for Thou art the Oft-Returning, Most Merciful
[2:128] Rabbana wa-j'alna Muslimayni laka ma min Dhurriyatina 'Ummatan Muslimatan laka wa 'Arina Manasikana wa tub 'alayna 'innaka 'antat-Tawwabu-Raheem
- Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the hereafter, and save us from the chastisement of the fire
[2:201] Rabbana atina fid-dunya hasanatan wa fil 'akhirati hasanatan waqina 'adhaban-nar
- اَللَّهُمَّ اِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ ، تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي
- Dear Allah SWT keep my family healthy, happy, and on the right path.
- O Allah, forgive me wrongdoings which you know inside and out, and if I do them again, then forgive me again. O Allah, forgive me for not fulfilling those promises I made to myself but did not put them into effect. O Allah, forgive me the mysterious suggestions of the eyes, my bad language, forgetfulness, carelessness, and foolish utterances.
ALLAAHUMMAGH-FIR LEE MAA ANTA A'LAMU BIHEE MINNEE FA-IN U'DTU FA-U'D LEE BIL-MAGHFIRAH ALLAAHUMMAGH-FIR LEE MAA WA-A'DTU MIN NAFSEE WA LAM TAJID LAHOO WAFAA-AN I'NDEE ALLAAHUM-MAGH-FIR LEE RAMAZAATIL ALH'AAZ'I WA SAQAT'AATIL ALFAAZ'I WA SAHAWAATIL JINNAANI WA HAFAWAATIL LISAANI
- Allahumma in nee a'ouuzubika minal dhaiqi yaumal hisaab <br>Translation: O Allah! I seek refuge with You from the distress of the Day of Account (ten times)[Ahmad, Ibn Abi Shaibah, Abu Dawood Tabaraani]
- Rabbanaghfirlanaa zunoobanaa wa israafanaa fee amrinaa wa thabbit aqdaamanaa wan sur naa 'alal qaumal kaafireen
Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and the lack of moderation in our doings, and make firm our steps and succour us against those who deny the truth.
- O Allah! I have done great injustice to myself and none except You forgive sins, so please forgive me and be merciful to me as you are the Forgiver, The Merciful.
- Our lord! Forgive us,our sins and our transgressions, and establish our feet firmly.
Rabbana igfirlana zunobana wa israfana fee imrina wa sabit ikdaman
- Please Allah forgive us from the beggening of our lives to the future and clean our sins with water snow and hail